Study on COVID-19’s impact to HR
According to a recent Australian HR Institute (AHRI) study on COVID-19’s impact to human resources:
- 2 out of 3 HR leaders feel they can’t catch up on their work and wished they had more hours in the day
- 90.3% of HR practitioners feel tired for no reason, for at least some of the time
- these signs are often indicative of mental stress.
Interestingly, the same study found that those who did let go of some responsibilities experienced feelings of relief.
It’s a good reminder that we don’t have to – and can’t – do everything ourselves.
The APS COVID-19 Hotline is available to HR professionals and senior leaders to assist in responding to these new challenges by:
- discussing strategies to encourage staff to maintain adherence with social distancing, hygiene and face mask requirements
- role playing ways to support staff distressed about new lockdown measures
- sharing techniques to address behavioural issues, including non-compliance with new COVID-19 measures
- providing advice on ways to help staff stay well during the coming weeks
- checking in with HR professionals and senior leaders about their own wellbeing.
Hotline support is free and confidential. To access Hotline psychologists:
- call 1800 966 035 for fast support between 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday (AEST)
- email apshr.support [at] carfi.net.au - you’ll receive a response within two days.
Remember – you can help protect your own wellbeing by using the tools and resources available to you in the workplace.
Click here to see more about the AHRI study.